Originally a travel blog, but now an insight into all things Kate Trueman; running, fitness, food, travel & lifestyle...

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Home is where the heart is | Cornwall

I've been slack but I've been too busy enjoying the sunshine soz. So on this rainy Tuesday I'm reminiscing on the Bank Holiday.

This is the best part of the year in the UK because we have multiple bank holiday weekends. For this one we were lucky to have my grandparents visiting from South Africa so we took them down to our house in Cornwall for a weekend at the beach.

After an epically long journey down, where I managed stay awake for all but 20 minutes (thank you Nath for taking over) we finally arrived and hit the sack immediately.

Good morning Saturday!!! The below was just your average wake up call, making even myself envious right now as I cross over Jubilee Bridge brandishing a broken umbrella to try and protect my hair from frizzing.


After a quick breakfast it was time to hit the beach. I'm pretty sure this was the first time this year it was sunny but also warm. Hello to sandals and leaving coats at home.


We stopped by the Inn on the Shore for a pit stop, coffee for some, beers for others - it was midday and a bank holiday weekend no dramas.



It was time to refuel. Post lunch I thought I'd test out my solo yoga skills with a view. Just to give you some background, I've just started yoga properly (iamyoga London) after my local gym just suddenly closed and it's safe to say I'm hooked. 


Such a perfect day to be in Cornwall and I was super excited to see the sunset and it didn't disappoint.


Sunday's weather however, was disappointing. The sea wasn't even visible when we woke up and the rain came to say hello. We had booked to go to The View. It's all in the name, incredible views over Whitsand Bay, unfortunately these wouldn't be making an appearance any time soon. This didn't however ruin the amazing food The View has on offer.

I started with seared Pigeon and it was soooo delicious.


Followed by the Hake, I wish I could provide a better description but I forgot to write it down.


And of course the most chocolatey dessert on the menu. Brownie!!


After being stuffed full it was time to head off and do absolutely nothing (I'm
allowed it's the weekend)! Do you really think I'd be able to sit still and do nothing, you must be kidding. I forced everyone into a game of Trivial Pursuit where Granny wiped the floor and Nath came second.

You'll be impressed as I then headed out on a run with Dad and Nath despite the pants weather and having wine for lunch. 


We woke up on Monday to the same weather, but not to give in to Mother Nature we make the most of the day. We headed into Looe for a spot of pottery painting at Paint-a-Pot.




For lunch we got into the 'summer' vines and had a delicious prawn, lime, chilli and coriander salad! 


Before it was time for Nath and I to bid farewell!


Until next time Cornwall... 

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment