Originally a travel blog, but now an insight into all things Kate Trueman; running, fitness, food, travel & lifestyle...

Monday 11 April 2016

Kate's 2016 Challenges

Happy Monday!! What a great weekend! It's a bit of Monday motivation for you, hopefully it will inspire you to take on some new challenges too. This post will be short and sweet but make sure you have a read!

This will be one of my very select few charity/fundraising plugs. 

Challenge 1  |  Running, I've ran two half marathons already, one yesterday being the Putney & Fulham Half Marathon with Nath, plus potentially the Bracknell and Windsor. 



Challenge 2   |  As part of the company I work for a few of us are attempting the 3 Peaks Challenge in under 24hrs. In case you're not aware of what this is, let me explain... We'll be travelling from London up to Glasgow via aeroplane, we'll then get a bus up to Ben Nevis when the stopwatch starts. We'll then climb Ben Nevis (Scotland), get back on the bus and drive to Scafell Pike (England) climb this and then final bus journey to slug to Mount Snowdon (Wales) for our final climb before getting to the bottom in hopefully under 24 hours. Can we make it??? Hmm we'll have to wait and see, hopefully training and my running will pay off and we'll successfully complete the challenge on May 20th.


Challenge 3  |  The epic Prudential Ride London, heard of this? No! It's mental, a 100 mile cycle all around London including a ridiculous climb up the infamous Box Hill. This is something I'm super nervous of, thankfully my Mum and Dad will be cycling with me! It will be a battle to see who comes out on top as good ol' Dad considers himself a Lance Armstrong (maybe not the best explain) with his detachable sleeves. If you are reading this, please never get them they are hideous! They will both be raising money for charity, keep posted for their fundraising pages! I have the bike, helmet and padded shorts, I know just need to get on the road so I have some training before the 31st July (notice it's my birthday weekend, dedicated to the challenge).


Challenge 4 (?)  |  This one is a potential. From now until Christmas my weekends are getting rapidly jam-packed, so I'm running out of time. But I'm hoping to get out there and attempt my first triathlon and I'll start with a sprint one, so keep posted on that.

Anyway, here comes the charity plug! I'll be raising money for the pretty awesome charity which is the key one my company works with, Free The Children! It's amazing and I was lucky enough to experience the awesome work they do when I volunteered at WE Day UK earlier this year at Wembley Stadium (post to follow in the not too distant future) and it's inspired me to make a difference and raise money that can change a child's future.

Please take a second to look at my page and sponsor me as little or as much as you can, as I'm sure you can imagine every little bit makes a difference. The link is below.

Kate Fundraising Page

I'll keep you updated with all my challenges...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment