Originally a travel blog, but now an insight into all things Kate Trueman; running, fitness, food, travel & lifestyle...

Friday 8 July 2016

Wokingham Bikeathon

Post Madrid was time for an alcohol and indulging free weekend full of recovery and making myself feel tip top and healthy again.

What better way to do so than to participate in the Wokingham Bikeathon with my parents and family friends! Just a nifty little 35miles to conquer (nothing compared to the 100 mile Ride London in a month's time)!



We started with a speedy breakfast and a cheeky warm up cycle into town, before heading on our way around the outskirts of Wokingham.


We were lucky to have a clear day and no rain, perfect conditions.




This year it went well for me, as it was my first time using my road bike I got for Christmas and it really made so much difference to my normal everyday hybrid type bike. 

Mum was great, having technically 'broken' her arm 3 weeks previously. To say she's a machine is an understatement, the day after it happened she was on the turbo bike, did I expect anything less? Absolutely not! And Dad, well he's got all the gear that's for sure but does he have any idea? He kept up but let's just see how Ride London goes!

Please sponsor Mum and Dad for Ride London as they are raising money for the amazing Spinal Research Charity.

Click on the link here!

We got to the end and were disappointed to find out that they had ran out of medals and it's really the only reason I do these things. However we were assured that we would receive these in the post!


Plenty more miles to clock before the big day!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment