Originally a travel blog, but now an insight into all things Kate Trueman; running, fitness, food, travel & lifestyle...

Friday 8 March 2013

The Time Consuming App of SNAPCHAT

So, like many of apps that make it to the 'most popular' page on the app store, Snapchat is currently having it's time in the spotlight, it's 50 seconds of fame.

And although I hate to think I am follower (sheep), it has happened, I have been well and truly brainwashed. 

For those of you that are unfortunate enough to have not witnessed its' true geniusness (not a real word) or have a blackberry (Melissa) you are missing out, grab a friend's iPhone, borrow an iPad on your daily commute do anything, because I will tell you now, it is all worth it. 

Snapchat involves you taking a picture or video of something and sending it to your friends, however there's a catch, there is a time limit of 10 seconds and once viewed you can NEVER view again, unless you are a nifty one and manage to take a screenshot. For those of you that haven't yet got involved, this may not sound as exciting as I have made out, but it will become an addiction. I have warned you

If this makes you get the app, do not say yes to alerts, you won't do anything else, (including your dissertation) and every few seconds a message will pop up alerting you that someone has sent you a another Snapchat. 

Today I have travelled home via train, and I kid you not I have probably sent a mere 20 Snapchat messages, and for those of you I Snapchat (is this now becoming a verb? sensational), I send the same picture to everyone, I wouldn't want to think you were special and getting a video of me walking through the train station on your own. The videos I send include; gym activities, walking, stupid faces, cooking and frisbee in the kitchen. The pictures include; ugly faces (compulsory 'morning' and 'evening' pictures), food, gym machines and library activities.

Now I could go on about Snapchat all evening, but unfortunately I have to do some university work and thank goodness Snapchat has drained my battery, so there will be no distractions. 

Let me know your thoughts on Snapchat or even (if you know me) add me.

Happy Friday!

Kate

ps. FAILED AT LENT (my belly needs chocolate to much)

No comments:

Post a Comment